[mapserver-users] Using IMAGECOLOR to create a transparency mask

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Feb 5 15:42:11 EST 2009

AGG always produces 24-bit (or 32-bit) output. The documentation relates more to the GD driver I guess. The
default behavior with GD is that the first color allocated (which is always IMAGECOLOR) becomes transparent
if TRANSPARENT ON is set. The way to get 8-bit output out of GD is to either quantize to 256 or fewer colors
or force a predefined palette. Both are controlled via format options. I'm not positive about what happens with
transparency in those instances but you can give it a try.

Steve

<70fbea790902051203k5fa95dc6i59895f071e1abd14 at mail.gmail.com>, Glenn Waldron