[mapserver-users] c# or php?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:50:40 EST 2009

Michele,

It is possible to compile mapserver with many of the dependencies (but not
all) for x64 and I have a couple of code could run on WS2003 x64 in
ASP.NETenvironment.
But using this option might be surprising definitely, since only a few
feedback we got about the possible issues in a real production environment.
The multithreaded environment provided by ASP.NET may also be challenging
for the various libraries that mapserver is using. But if you would like to
follow this way I could probably provide the required binary package to make
a test with.
To insert/update pgsql you could utilize the ogr C# interface contained by
the gdal package.

Apache/PHP would also be a wise choice if an inhomogeneous architecture is
acceptable or you could create one or more single threaded C# application so
as to serve the required images for the client application to achieve the
same result.
By using the /platform:x86 compile option you could ensure your appserver
would be able to run either on Win32 or x64 environments equally well.

Best regards,

Tamas

2009/2/6 Shimomura, Michele L.- Environmental Health <
Michele.Shimomura at denvergov.org>