[mapserver-users] hide .map contents

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Wed Feb 11 20:44:34 EST 2009

Hi Greg

Mapserver is correctly passing where conditions containing in-line variables to an external .ovf for me. I am using Mapserver 5.2 as in ms4w. My .ovf uses an ODBC datasource.

Here is part of a layer definition from my mapfile:

 LAYER
  NAME "main_gates"
  GROUP "FMS"
  CONNECTION "./main_gates.ovf"
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  DATA "main_gates"
  FILTER "WHERE farm_id = '%farmid%'"

Robert Sanson

>>> Greg Luker <gluker at scu.edu.au> 12/02/2009 1:15 p.m. >>>
Hi mapservers-users,

Thanks Steve W, Pietro, and Andreas for your help!

I have got around some of the problem (MapServer error messages and
MySQL passwords visible in browser View/Source) by moving the OGRVRT
MySQL info from inline in the .map file into an external .ovf file
(Pietro's >1024 characters problem seems right), but two problems remain.

1) I originally abandoned external .ovf file because I can't pass
variables into it like I can when inline (eg can't do
(s.site_num_previous_surveys >= %myvarn%) in external .ovf). Is there
a way to use variables in .ovf file?

2) I am still getting an error in View/Source:
(DD):(line 677)-->
I've tried finding this problem in SYMBOL-related commands in the
.map file, but no luck. Any ideas?

(I can send .map file if that helps)

Thanks,
Greg Luker.
Australia.

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.