[mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo returns no attributes

Balázs Bámer bamerbalazs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 03:15:25 EST 2009

Hi All,

I spent days on searching the reason why a WMS GetFeatureInfo request
returns matches without attributes. I found the solution in Google,
but think this should be included in the Mapserver docs WMS part, or
Mapfile Layer part. Well, I could have also read the OGC WMS
documentation, but didn't think anything else is necessary. So the
solution is setting ows_include_items for layer metadata like

LAYER
  NAME szerkesztheto
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION" "szerkesztheto"
    "wms_title" "szerkesztheto"
    "ows_include_items" "all"   # or comma-separated list of attributes
  END

best regards: Balázs Bámer