[mapserver-users] Status on ticket 2582?

Martin Kofahl m.kofahl at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 16:11:35 EST 2009

Hm, I'm not certain sure if MS_DELETE is really a good value for the
STATUS key. It's more an attribute ... 'STATUS ON, MS_DELETE'. Using
MS_DELETE coequal with OFF would break the DEFAULT value which is quite
useful when avoiding grouped layers -- I don't like nesting in the
Capabilities document because of one simple copyright layer which can be
hidden an set to default.

As far as I can see there are three possible solutions:

- adding MS_DELETE as an attribute to ON, OFF and DEFAULT (not sure how
hard to implement)

- adding a new keyword HIDDEN [false|true] coequal to STATUS

- some kind of ows_hidden 'true' in the metadata (I'm neither sure when
one could require a distinction by service type)

Kind regards
Martin