[mapserver-users] Hatch symbol not properly saved

Berend Veldkamp b.veldkamp at zonnet.nl
Thu Feb 19 08:05:32 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm using CSharp mapscript to define some symbols, for instance a hatch:

symbolObj result = new symbolObj("hatch", null);
result.type = (int)MS_SYMBOL_TYPE.MS_SYMBOL_HATCH;
map.symbolset.appendSymbol(result);

when I call msmap.symbolset.save(), the symbol will have the following
definition:

SYMBOL
  NAME "hatch"
END

As you can see, "TYPE HATCH" is missing. Mapserver then says: "Symbol
of type VECTOR or ELLIPSE has no point data"

Any ideas? I'm using FWTools 2.3.1 (MS 5.3-dev)

Regards, Berend