[mapserver-users] Status on ticket 2582?

Martin Kofahl m.kofahl at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 14:08:20 EST 2009

Hi,
it becomes apparent that we try to solve different issues with hiding,
ignoring and so on. We should try to find an implementation which also
solves related tickets but is open for future requirements.

So couldn't we use a metadata like [service]_disable_request which lists
all request type (per service) MapServer shouldn't support for a layer?
Maybe expanded with the request type 'all'. Possible examples:

     wms_disable_request 'all'
     wms_disable_request 'getcapabilities getfeatureinfo'

This should solve tickets 337, 1952, 2582.
What do you think?

Martin