[mapserver-users] getBytes: General error message. Failed to get image buffer; msSaveImageBufferGD(): Image handling error. Unknown output image type driver

Christophe AMBROSINO Christophe.Ambrosino at geo-soft.fr
Tue Feb 24 08:00:09 EST 2009

Hi all ! I get an error that occurs _randomly :_
sometimes I get :
getBytes: General error message. Failed to get image
buffer;msSaveImageBufferGD(): Image handling error. Unknown output image
type driver:* gd/EG*.

or something i get :

getBytes: General error message. Failed to get image
buffer;msSaveImageBufferGD(): Image handling error. Unknown output image
type driver:* gd/PEG*.

on a "*createLegendIcon*" instruction

here my mapfile OUTPUTFORMAT

 OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME "AGGA"
   MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
   DRIVER "AGG/JPEG"
   EXTENSION "jpg"
   IMAGEMODE "RGB"
   TRANSPARENT FALSE
   FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
   FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=80"
 END

I use mapscript for java and tomcat server 5.5.27

Has anyone ever encountered this problem ?

thank you for your possible answers

christophe