[mapserver-users] setenv MS_MAPFILE not working

asle asle at benoni.no
Wed Feb 25 17:13:07 EST 2009

Hi,
I have just setup and am running mapserver 5 on OS X Server 10.5. I have
tried to set this in an include conf file:
SetEnv Request_URI "/cgi-bin/demo" MS_MAPFILE=/MS/apps/demo/demo.map
SetEnv Request_URI "/cgi-bin/demo" MS_ERRORFILE=/MS/apps/demo/ms.log

but it is not working. The mapserver excecutable is called "demo". I have a
catalog in webroot called "MS" which is the domains webfolder. I have a
folder in there with the structure like above with the demo.map in the demo
folder. Still if I write the URL: http://domainname../cgi-bin/demo I get
No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty. If I use
this URL it works,
http://borchbio.no/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/Library/WebServer/Documents/MS/apps/demo/demo.map&layer=n5byggflate&mode=map
except I get another error which is another problem. Now I just want to get
the shortcut to work. Are these paths relative to the drive root or to the
apache root (/Library/WebServer/Documents/)?
Thanks!