[mapserver-users] Layer must have an EPSG or AUTO projection code

asle asle at benoni.no
Thu Feb 26 05:15:05 EST 2009

Hello,
Trying to get mapserver to work on Mac OS X Server 10.5.6. Here is my setup:
MapServer version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I get this error when accessing the map file:
msBuildWMSLayerURL(): WMS connection error. Layer must have an EPSG or AUTO
projection code (in its PROJECTION object or wms_srs metadata)
(If I try to remove all WMS layer I can see the map)

I have exported from QGIS. All layers are shape files. I checked that all
layers have the same EPSG id (32632) and all have same projection code. I
tried several exports checking this but still get this error.

/asle