[mapserver-users] WMS problem

Andrea Ardito andrea.ardito at provincia.biella.it
Thu Feb 26 09:00:10 EST 2009

Hi,
we have this system working with MapServer version 4.8.2, PHP version 4.4.2.

I am trying to do a map that shows both layer (WGS84 shapefile) and WMS data
togheter. The starting response is ok, but I get the
blank image from the first pan or zoom on.
This is the example URL:
http://webgis.provincia.biella.it/apps/maplab/projects/gmf_apps/basewms4/wmdmap.php

I guess the problem is due to wrong parameters for EXTENT, SIZE and
PROJECTION in the mapfile.
These are:
EXTENT -15 25 40 70
SIZE 470 520
PROJECTION "init=epsg:4326".

The question are:
1. the SIZE (in pixel) has to be proportional to the EXTENT?
2. if yes, how to obtain the right values for the EXTENT?
3. if not, where is the problem?
4. in a map with geographic non-projected data like this, is correct to have
value for scale of the
representation since UNITS are DD?

I would be very grateful for any help from you all, thanks!
Best regards
andrea ardito

P.S. If I set no layer in the map file, and I try to represent only WMS
layer (adding them from "Servizi WMS"
button), it works.

arch. Andrea ARDITO
Sistema Informativo Territoriale Ambientale (S.I.T.A.)
Settore Pianificazione e Sicurezza del Territorio
Provincia di Biella
Via Quintino Sella, 12 - 13900 BIELLA
tel. 015.8480880
fax. 015.8480740

--http://www.provincia.biella.it------------------------------------------------------

Vuoi rimanere sempre aggiornato sulle nostre attivita'?
Visita la pagina dei feed RSS sul nostro sito ed  iscriviti alla sezione di interesse.

--Avviso------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono riservati esclusivamente  alle persone in
indirizzo e possono contenere informazioni confidenziali. Se questo  messaggio  vi  e'
pervenuto per errore, vi informiamo  che ogni suo uso e'proibito.
In  questo   caso  rispedite immediatamente il messaggio al mittente e cancellatelo.
Per ogni  chiarimento contattateci scrivendo  a ced at provincia.biella.it.
Grazie -Il Webmaster.
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to  the persons above and may
contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be
informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited.
Please return it  immediately  to the sender and  delete the message. Should you have
any questions, please  contact us by replying to ced at provincia.biella.it.
The Webmaster.