[mapserver-users] WMS problem

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Thu Feb 26 10:11:41 EST 2009

Hi Andrea,

1. no
2. no matters
3. It is difficult to answer...

If the problem is EXTENT & PROJECTION, remember that a .map file has the
PROJECTION set at map level and PROJECTIONs set at layers level; the map
Projection is the projection system of the result of the map (i.e. the
map image), the layer Projection is the projection system of the data
source of the layer. If a layer datasource projection differs from the
map projection, you must to set it, otherwise ms try to project the data
according with map projection.
Try invoke mapserver in cgi mode to see the results:
http://the.host/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/of/the.map&mode=map&layer=...

Imho your problem isn't the map, but occurs in your php script. Take a
look on the php error log: it is a text file, its path is set in your
php.ini file (error_log directive, can be an absolute or relative path)

4. obviously scale is nonsense when using non-projected reference
systems like epsg:4326, but mapserver does not know.

hth

ciao

--
Pietro Giannini