[mapserver-users] Suggestions for OGC SOS clients? OpenLayers?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Feb 26 16:47:37 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 01:09:31PM -0800, Emilio Mayorga wrote:
> MapServer can serve data via OGC SOS; I've been reading about this,
> though I haven't tried it yet. What I'd like to ask is for pointers or
> recommendations for open source SOS *clients*, preferably web
> applications but I'd be interested in hearing about desktop clients,
> too.
>
> I found a presentation from FOSS4G 2008 that talked about the addition
> of an SOS Layer type to OpenLayers:
> http://www.terrestris.de/wiki/doku.php?id=vortraege:2008:foss4g_sensor
> But it doesn't look like the code has made it to the trunk yet.

I am an OpenLayers developer. I have never heard of this work before. So
I can confirm that this work hasn't made it to trunk, but no one has
followed any of the steps of getting it to trunk. Given that, I would
say that the best bet is to follow up with the developers and encourage
them to approach the OpenLayers community.

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta