[mapserver-users] Path for errorfile

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon Jan 5 07:11:20 EST 2009

G'day all,

as a negative, Can you not use a relative reference for the errorfile?

for example, using :

     CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/Users/19022662/Sites/marketprices/
mapserver/mserr.log"
     DEBUG 4

works as expected, writing copious quantities to the log.

using :

     CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "mserr.log"
     DEBUG 4

does not, although both the .log file and the .map file are in the /
Users/19022662/Sites/marketprices/mapserver/ directory. Relative paths
work fine for symbol files, data etc.

I also note that the RFC28 refers to setting this :

It will be possible to specify MS_ERRORFILE either as an environment
variable or via a CONFIG directive inside a mapfile:
CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/mapserver.log"
or
CONFIG  "MS_ERRORFILE" "stderr"
but doesn't specify  whether or not a relative path could be used.

This is inconsistent with all other specifications of path, can/should
it be amended? Should I file this as a bug?

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin