[mapserver-users] queryByRect throws an error

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Tue Jan 6 18:31:02 EST 2009

Hi Tamas

Thanks for reply.

These are extracts from my code to replicate the issue

//Create map object

mapObj map = new mapObj("MyMap.map");

//draw map

map.draw() ;

//Make sure some template name is defined. Otherwise, query will not be
successful.

            for (int i = 0; i < map.numlayers; i++)

            {

                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(m_map.getLayer(i).template))

                {

                    m_map.getLayer(i).template = "abc";

                }

            }

//Perform the query now

map.queryByRect(map.extents);

I think after a call to map.draw(), a new layer '__embed__scalebar' is
added to layers collection. Setting template name to it is performing
the query on scalebar layer as well.

I think the scalebar layer is not satisfying these two conditions in
msQueryByRect method of mapquery.c and hence getting used for query

    if(!msIsLayerQueryable(lp)) continue;

    if(lp->status == MS_OFF) continue;

Please let me know if you need more info or you need any test
application.

Thanks

Murty