[mapserver-users] ippj-5.3.dll was not found

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 8 11:04:09 EST 2009

boesiii wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed OSGeo4w.  I tried to test out mapserv.exe at
> the command line but I get and error stating "Application failed to start
> because ippj-5.3.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix
> this problem"
>
> I tried to reinstall but I still get the same error.

Hi,

Did you by any chance install *all* OSGeo4W packages?  This is really not
wise because several packages depend on external items.  One of these is the
libjpeg-ipp package which depends on your having a special external package
installed.  To correct this particular item go into the advanced install,
and select "reinstall" for the libjpeg package.  This will replace the special
IPP enhanced libjpeg with the standard one.

However, if you have installed everything you will also likely have plugins
for stuff like oracle, sde and ecw that depend on external components and may
cause problems.  It might be better to wipe your C:\OSGeo4W tree and reinstall
somewhat more selectively.

I think I may need to remove the libjpeg-ipp package since you aren't the
first person to fall into the same trap.

Best regards,