[mapserver-users] Mapserver queries for line layer

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Mon Jan 12 05:01:54 EST 2009

Hi All,

I using Mapserver 5.0.2 and Openlayers. I had posted a query before on
how to show pop up for a line layer.

I am trying to use the mapserver queries for the same. I find
documentation that uses a shapefile for the data and use variables from
that on the template file. But all the data I've is in a postgresql DB.

Can someone please give me an example as to how to query DB for the
features' details and show it on the map as a pop up?
And is there anything on Openlayers side that I've to do to enable this
mapserver queries?( like sending a request to fetch a map)

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
Subha