[mapserver-users] Re: [mapserver-dev] Change the Scale

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jan 13 15:10:28 EST 2009

Acibi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new in the world of MapServer. I have to add some fonction to an
> existing MapServer application in the Intranet.
>
> One of those is the be able to chose a scale from a drop-down menu.
>
> How can I apply a scale (for example 1:15 000) to my map?
>
> Thanks

Acibi,

This is probably more apropriate to the mapserver-users list than the
dev list, so I am moving it there.

Your question really does not have anything to do with mapserver , but
has more to do with you client application. Your client application
interfaces with the user and then makes a request to mapserver for a map
image.

So you will have to tell us more about your client application. If you
have not picked one yet, I would recommend OpenLayers which is a very
nice web 2.0 javascript library that does all the map management for
you. But you might be doing something with php, or who knows what, so
more info is needed.

Thanks,
   -Steve W