[mapserver-users] Problems after compiling mapserver

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Thu Jan 15 12:10:45 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, rafael wrote:

> ./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: Cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory.

   Is where you built and installed libgdal on your library path?

IE: local environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

or listed somewhere within

/etc/ld.so.conf

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/     http://KillBillC61.ca

   manufacturers, can pry control over my camcorder, computer,
   home theatre, or portable media player from my cold dead hands!"