[mapserver-users] Junk text field values for ArcSDE layers

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:32:55 EST 2009

Hi,

As far as I know the driver doesn't do any character encodings with the
values retieved from the database, according to your
default database setting you may try to convert those strings manually. For
example if your database has the 1252 codepage by default, the character
conversion may look something like:

byte[] bytes = Encoding.Convert(Encoding.Unicode, Encoding.Default, Encoding
.Unicode.GetBytes(shape.getValue(index)));
string str = Encoding.GetEncoding(1252).GetString(bytes);

Best regards,

Tamas