[mapserver-users] How to develop in Mapserver?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:03:29 EST 2009

2009/1/16 LMonge <boommonge at gmail.com>

> -Only can I compile the mapserver code base with CMD.exe? what about the
> graphical mode?

There's no solution/project file provided with mapserver therefore you
should do a command line commpilation.
Assuming you're using Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows Platform you
should open the Visual Studio command prompt compile the project.
You may require the libs and the includes of the dependencies like gdal,
proj, geos if you require those features (see nmake opt for more details)

> -I need to see the values that get my variables of the MAPFILE,check my
> loops (for,while),etc.

So as to add new keywords to the lexer you may have to modify maplexer.l and
regenerate maplexer.c by using flex 2.5.33 or later

flex --nounistd -Pmsyy -i -omaplexer.c maplexer.l

You could however add metadata for various elements in the mapfile and you
won't need to add new keywords in this case.

Best regards,

Tamas