[mapserver-users] missing colors with an xml color table

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Sat Jan 10 16:21:52 EST 2009

Hi!

There are missing colors when rendering a raster map with a
colortable stored in an xml file. Example:

I have an ESRI ASCII GRID with a colortable in xml (the files along with
a mapfile all attached as smp.zip).

Rendering the raster in QGIS I get a picture as the attached
smp_qgis.png - which is OK.

Rendering it with MapServer the result is as in the attached smp_ms.png
- lacking the grey&black tones.

Why the difference? Could/should MapServer follow QGIS behaviour?

Using GDAL 1.6, MapServer 5.2.0 and QGIS 1.0 on Debian testing amd64.

The command to reproduce the smp_ms.png:

shp2img -e -4 20 36 61 -s 640 480 -m smp.map -o smp_ms.png

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
www.sieczka.org