[mapserver-users] dynamically added shapes and their values

Pietro Giannini pgiannini at bytewise.it
Wed Jan 21 11:29:36 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm working to a c# asp.net project embedding a mapscript application.

My attempt is to add dynamically features to a layer object and classify
them in different colors.
The features are INLINE features: I don't add the features to the source
of the layer.

I'm able to create different classes and styles in the layer, set a field
as classitem and set an EXPRESSION string to the class.

I found the
    shapeObj.initValues(numOfFields)
method, which cannot set the field names, only the number, and also the
    shapeObj.setValue(indexOfField, valueAsString)
for setting the value.

Now I need a field name to set a CLASSITEM property of the layer!!!
I found no methods to add a named field to the layer.

Maybe I follow a wrong way...

Someone has an idea?
thanks in advance

--