[mapserver-users] copyright annotation problem

Kirk Webb skinny2 at netins.net
Tue Jan 27 14:51:38 EST 2009

I am inserting the copyright annotation provided on the
Mapserver web site FAQ's. here it is

LAYER
   NAME "copyright"
   STATUS ON
   TYPE annotation
   TRANSFORM ll #set the image origin to be lower left
   FEATURE
     POINTS
       60 -10 #set the offset from lower left position in
pixels
     END
     TEXT "© xyz company 2006" #this is your displaying
text
   END
   CLASS
     LABEL #defines the font, colors etc. of the text
       FONT "sans"
       TYPE TRUETYPE
       SIZE 8
       BUFFER 1
       COLOR 0 0 0
       BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
       FORCE TRUE
     END
   ENDi
   UNITS PIXELS #sets the units for the feature object
END

I cannot get the text to show up on my map.  I have tried
to place as the first layer and last layer but neither way
works.
Has anyone ever had this problem?  What might the problem
be?
I have set the fontset and symbolset correctly.
Thanks,
Kirk