[mapserver-users] Label opacity

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jun 1 11:11:52 EDT 2009

Not at the moment, no. The label cache rendering takes place independently of layer drawing and
layer opacity isn't taken into account when labels are rendered. Probably should be... I start a
ticket. Labels would need their own OPACITY keyword in this case or would have to respect LAYER
OPACITY.

Labels drawn independently of the cache, e.g. LABELPRECACHE ON are affected by LAYER OPACITY
but are not subject to collision avoidance.

Steve