[mapserver-users] Zoom Level Layer Changes

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Wed Jun 3 11:56:29 EDT 2009

OK, wondering if anyone has encountered this situation, and what I'm
trying to accomplish. I have two groups of layers "Propagations" and
"Coverage". The "Coverage" layers are on by default when first viewing
the initial extents, the "Propagations" layers are off by default. The
"Propagations" layers have a min/max scale of:

	MINSCALE 0
	MAXSCALE 1200000

The "Coverage" layers can be on at any scale. Now here is what I want to
accomplish. When the users first loads the map I still want the
"Coverage" layers to be ON and when the user zooms to a scale of 1200000
or below I want the "Coverage" layers turned off and the "Propagations"
layers turned on. Now here's the catch, I still want the user to be able
to turn the "Coverage" layers back on at a scale of 1200000 or less. I
tried adding a "STATUS" option at the CLASS level which didn't really
work. I'm not sure if the only way to accomplish something like this is
with duplicating the layer definitions with different scales and status?

- Tim

----
Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com
Network Planning Engineer