[mapserver-users] WMS Overlay shift

Frank Broniewski liste at geo-dienstleistung.de
Fri Jun 5 03:43:42 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I am debugging a problem with my WMS server. I am serving administrational
boundaries in a national reference system for use in different applications.

Just yesterday I noticed a shift of the WMS layer to the east when I overlay
the WMS layer with the original shapefile in ArcGIS. The shift is approx. 29m
and I have no clue where to start looking for a solution.

There is only one projection in the mapfile, and I set the view in ArcGis to
the same projection. I checked the projection definition in ArcGis already to
see if there is some mismatch but I couldn't find any. So I am rather clueless
where to start looking for the reason of the shift.

I checked also in OpenJump to see wether this is an ESRI effect, but there is
the same shift in OpenJump

Any hints are welcome ...

Frank