[mapserver-users] cartographic lines

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Thu Jun 11 01:42:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:58:47 +1000, Thomas Bonfort
<thomas.bonfort at camptocamp.com> wrote:

>>> a variation of this a couple of weeks back I kept getting the mapserver
>>> message: "Cartoline drawing is deprecated with AGG", so I figured that
>>> wasn't the correct way to do it. :-)
>>
>> Just to follow this up... yes, I do get the error message in the
>> $MS_ERRORFILE but it renders correctly regardless.
>>
>> Is this message something I should be worried about?
>
> yes, this means that some of your features aren't being drawn. you
> must be having a layer that still references a cartoline symbol.

Hmm, I'm still using symbols for rendering several features including
train lines and tracks/trails.

What does mapserver consider a "cartoline symbol"? A single point elipse
or something similar?

Assuming it is a specific type of symbol in the symbolset, I could try
removing any that qualify and see what breaks...

Thanks,
David