[mapserver-users] Metadata.dim DIMAP

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 11 11:38:10 EDT 2009

Eric Francois wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not able to use directly Spot Image ( metadata.dim + IMAGERY.TIF) in
> Mapserver.

Eric,

Why are you not able to use directly the spot image metadata.dim + imagery.tif
in MapServer?

> Nevertheless, gdalinfo --formats told me in supported formts list :
> DIMAP(ro): SPOT DIMAP.
>
> I tried to use gcps2wld.py IMAGERY.TIF > IMAGERY.tfw or gcps2wld.py
> METADATA.DIM > IMAGERY.tfw. Both tfw files give me, when used in Mapserver,
> 50 meters images too much in Est.

I would suggest you file a ticket against GDAL with an example file
demonstrating the problem (the metadata.dim would likely be sufficient)
and careful explanation of why you think the origin is wrong.  It may be
an "off by half a pixel error" which are common in interpreting the origin
of new file formats.

Best regards,