[mapserver-users] Displaying maps on the mobile

Stephen Kelly steve at sjk.net.au
Fri Jun 12 06:23:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

Technically MapServer does not know or care, what it is creating a map
for, it is the website built around MapServer, that matters.

But the simple answer is Yes - it can be done - we here have done 3
different solutions that we have done for mobiles.

a) - simple browser (mobile or normal web browser) based that will work
on any phone with a browser

b) - advanced functions and maps in a client side application for
windows mobiles

c) - advanced JavaScript website that works on iPhones / blackberries

I hope this help, if you want any more information I will (should) be
around most of the weekend and can talk to you more about this.

Thanks

Stephen Kelly
www.Peepel.com