[mapserver-users] Major MapServer Performance Problem on SunSolaris 10 64bit

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:42:05 EDT 2009

I am not a Solaris expert, but if you are running mapserver as a CGI,
Linux will almost surely be faster because of its (notoriously?) lower
process creation cost.
Now I don't have actual numbers to back this argument but a quick
google reveals this thread on Sun forums:

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5207554&tstart=3344

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2003-11/msg00044.php
(third para).

A solution would be using mapserver as a FastCGI.

HTH,
Umberto