[mapserver-users] LABEL problem using CGI...

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Wed Jun 17 09:01:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:31:50 +1000, Paul james <pauljame at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right...
> It is Tiled (using OL)...
> In that case, How can I "fix" that effect?

This should be in an FAQ :-) It has been answered at least 4 times here in
the last couple months...

Add

   PROCESSING "LABEL_NO_CLIP=ON"

to your LAYER.

YYMV, but I've noticed a side-effect of using this that I've been unable to
quantify. However it does stop the repetition of labels at the boundaries
so it solves your problem.

For me it seems to create another problem - clipping of labels at (meta)
tile
boundaries regardless what I'm setting LABELCACHE_MAP_EDGE_BUFFER to in the
mapscript that renders the tiles. I made my metatiles larger to reduce this
effect but have been meaning to try again with PARTIALS TRUE and not
setting
LABELCACHE_MAP_EDGE_BUFFER, which "in theory" should work.

Regards,
David