[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.4.1 for MS4W??

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jun 20 10:08:30 EDT 2009

Thomas Bonfort wrote:
>> loadLabel(): Unknown identifier. Parsing error near (2):(line 407)
>>
>> Which I believe is because Thomas added some rendering features that I'm
>> using after 5.4.0-RC2.
>
> what's on line 407 in your mapfile? I don't think there are any
> keywords I added since the 5.4 release process started.
>
> --
> thomas

Thomas,

     CLASS
       EXPRESSION /C/
       MAXSCALEDENOM 50100
       STYLE
         WIDTH 14
         OUTLINECOLOR "#B7AC9A"
         OUTLINEWIDTH 1
         MINWIDTH 1.5
         MAXWIDTH 12
       END
       STYLE
         WIDTH 14
         COLOR "#ffffbc"
         MINWIDTH 1.5
         MAXWIDTH 12
       END
       LABEL
         MAXSCALEDENOM 30000
         TYPE TRUETYPE FONT "arial" SIZE 12 COLOR "#000000" PARTIALS
FALSE OUTLINEWIDTH 3  #### Line: 407
         ANGLE FOLLOW
         OUTLINECOLOR "#ffffbc"
         PRIORITY 3
         MINSIZE 7
         MAXSIZE 10
         MINDISTANCE 200
         MINFEATURESIZE 20
       END
     END

I was thinking the OUTLINEWIDTH and OUTLINECOLOR were new, but I could
be mistaken. I'm not sure when these were added, anyway the above works
fine in Linux and only through this error when I moved stuff over to
Windows.

I have just build my own mapserver using VS2008 Express based on 4.5.1
and I'm waiting for the client to download that and test it. I'll also
move the data and applications over to my Windows box and try to
reproduce in my own environment if I have time this weekend.

-Steve