[mapserver-users] GetLegendGraphic GeltLegend Problem

stretch andrew.deklerk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:40:05 EDT 2009

Hi all

I am running Mapserver 5.4 RC2 as per the MS4W from the maptools site -
mapserv -v output below:

"MapServer version 5.4.0-rc2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPP
ORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPOR
TS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT
=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE"

Previously, the following request from Mapserver 5.0.0 produced the legend
item for the requested layer correctly:
http://domain/wms/wms.php?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&LAYER=Provinces&Format=image/png

However, when I do the same call now, i get the map returned instead of the
legend graphic. Is there an extra parameter I need to pass through, or some
incorrect syntax that is being trapped by the latest release.

Thanks in advance