[mapserver-users] What has changed between 5.2.X and 5.4.X?

frequens frequens at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:20:39 EDT 2009

I am sure a lot has changed, but I do experience some weird and not
welcome changes in rendered images for which there is no explanation
in the documentation.

For my application of Cartoweb 3.5 I am using a mapfile with the following:

OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME 'AGG_Q'
 DRIVER AGG/PNG
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=ON"
 FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END

The resulting images were small, aesthethically pleasant and color
consistent with MS 5.2.1. version.
With MS 5.4.X the images are even smaller (-20%), yet the colors vary
from one image produced to the other. Even with the same extent and
scale the colors change significantly for each consecutive map rendered.
The colors may differ from what is set as a symbol color in the
mapfile. Some symbols (e.g. circle) may loose their outline at certain
scales (when using SYMBOLSCALEDENOM, MAXSIZE and MINSIZE).

Both MS 5.2.X and 5.4.X were compiled with identical options and the
mapfile is the same one.

Many thanks for any clues or explanations in advance.

BR

frequens