[mapserver-users] Database connection in postgresql

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 3 08:58:41 EST 2009

rohan phatak wrote:
> Hello friends,
>        I am using map server application in which i am displaying my
> map in  web browser.  I  am creating button in that browser and on
> that button i want to attach my database connection means if i click
> this button  the database/tables  should be open  so how to proceed that?

I'm not sure what/why you're trying to accomplish that, but you could
take a look at this (1).  You might be interested.

>        And my next question how to connect shape file to the
> postgresql in mapserver??

If you mean : "how do I connect mapserver to a postgis table" :
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/postgis.html

If you mean : "how do I transform my shapfile to a postgis table" : use
the shp2pgsql tool.
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.3/ch04.html#id2743056

> THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Regards,