[mapserver-users] JAVA Mapscript LayerObj issues

julien julien.trolet at ifremer.fr
Wed Mar 4 06:26:03 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using the latest mapscript version 5.4.0beta2 for JAVA to build
on-demand mapfiles through a website.
My goal here is to put a symbol and an associated text on a specific
location on the maps.

I was successful with a static mapfile and the shp2img command with the
following code :

LAYER
  NAME Test
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS DEFAULT
  FEATURE
    POINTS
      10 10
    END
  TEXT "Blablabla"
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
        SYMBOL "kreis"
         SIZE 50
         COLOR 0 0 0
        END
      LABEL
        TYPE BITMAP
            SIZE MEDIUM
        COLOR 0 0 0
        POSITION UC
      END
  END
END

However, when I tried to translated this mapfile into JAVA, I did not
found any function or any object for the feature part (in red):
FEATURE
    POINTS
      10 10
    END
  TEXT "Blablabla"
END
The remaining code can be coded with layerObj, classObj, styleObj and
LabelObj. But there is no featureObj.

Did I missed something or this is not possible to do it with JAVA?

Thanks in advance

Trolet Julien

PS : If someone knows another way to put a symbol and an associated text
on a specific (and dynamic) location on a map, he is welcome to let me
know. ;)