[mapserver-users] Problems mapping regions that span Dateline

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:30:44 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'm having some problems mapping some regions of the world that span
the Dateline.  I have several examples of this, but using one, the UN
subregion defined as being "South Pacific", as an example illustrates
the problem nicely.  This region has the following extents:

Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (-180.0000000,  28.2333333)
Lower Left  (-180.0000000, -29.0666667)
Upper Right ( 180.0000000,  28.2333333)
Lower Right ( 180.0000000, -29.0666667)

The map that is generated using these extents with EPSG 4326 spans the
entire globe, and I'd like to find a way to show the are in a more
concise fashion.  I have the same problem with New Zealand, and with
the full extents of the USA.

Hoping for some suggestions.

Thanks,

Roger