[mapserver-users] display road data properly

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Wed Mar 11 01:30:36 EDT 2009

pn,

I'm the poster of the image you found.  It uses a fairly complex mapfile
that I put together last year..

There is a copy of the mapfile that produced that output included in
this PDF:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/docs/mapserver-users-manual.pdf

The Mapfile wasn't built against the Census dataset however, so you'll
need to map the correct Census attributes to each of the Mapfile
layers.  The Mapfile is documented fairly well, but could use some
additional commenting.

I would be interested in a version that uses the Census datasets if/when
you get something working.

Also not, that the Mapfile above was set up for a metro area, not a
state or national level of zoom, so the longer range scales are not
included in it.  There are also some tricks at the end of the file for
generating the Legends.

Have fun.

bobb