[mapserver-users] Tile indexes

Cassiel raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:43:23 EDT 2009

2009/3/13 Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>

> Cassiel wrote:
>
>> Hi you all,
>>
>> I can't get tile indexes working with my raster files with pmapper
>>
>> I am using gdaltindex as exlained in ms doc but the layer I am trying to
>> index is not showed... no error is generated in php error log file nor in
>> the pmapper one.
>>
>> index.shp & mapfile are in the same directory, the index.dbf file is
>> showing a relative path as the DATA path in the mapfile (which is commented
>> according to ms docu).
>>
>> mapserver version in 5.0.3 on debian testing
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Regards
>>

> Always use the MapServer commandline utility "shp2img" to see errors from
> your MapServer mapfile (http://www.mapserver.org/utilities/shp2img.html).
>
> -jeff

Unfortunately shp2img does not help me, mapfile is parsed and resulting
image is created for all layers but the one I am trying to index.

There's a strange behaviour about this layer. It's composed by a DEM (the
one I posted) plus another one consisting in shade raster. When I ask
shp2img to draw the dem the resulting image shows only the shade instead...
even if I never asked for.

regards