[mapserver-users] Prevalence of the use of queryfiles...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 17 01:14:40 EDT 2009

The problem we have is that to efficiently process result sets from
database-based drivers we need to reference rows in the result set
rather than rows in the dataset. That means the results (with those
types of DATA/CONNECTIONs) can't be cached using the current
mechanism. Shapefiles would still work ok.

The faster query processing is much faster, as much as 24x faster
with DB-based data that it's not practical to do things the old way.

Steve

>>> Martin Kofahl <m.kofahl at gmx.net> 03/15/09 2:35 PM >>>
We use them with MapScript. Maybe it's possibile to activate saved
queries only with with a compiler option?