[mapserver-users] Two questions about WMS and outputformats

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 18 08:09:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

There was a ticket opened for that years ago with a path to implement
it, but was never addressed:
  (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/455)
It seems to be less controversial in functionality than the recent
"Hiding/Enabling/Ignoring Layers in OGC Web Services" thread, but
introduces another  new metadata and that by it self may be
controversial.  I am willing to provide a patch for now following what
is discussed in the bug and depending on how the OGC metadata
organization evolves in the coming months, we would adapt that patch.
Please add yourself in cc to this bug.

Best Regards

paalkr wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to prevent the default outputformats to be exposed in the
> capabilities document? I have a map service where I have used AGG specific
> rendering capabilities, and requesting e.g a GIF image then makes a bad
> looking map and does not make sense. I would like the opportunity to only
> expose explicit defined formats specified with one or more OUTPUTFORMAT
> blocks.
>
> I don't want to disable the different drivers though, only control the
> outputformat list in the GetCapabilities response. If the only way to
> achieve this is to patch the source code, I would be glade if any of the
> devs could point me in the right direction.
>
> Regards,
> Pål Kristensen
>

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> By default, without having any OUTPUTFORMAT sections in the mapfile,
>>> Mapserver is advertising following imageformats in WMS GetCapabilities
>>> document:
>>>
>>>  <GetMap>
>>>       <Format>image/gif</Format>
>>>       <Format>image/png</Format>