[mapserver-users] Mapserver WCS - how to return native pixel resolution data?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:36:01 EDT 2009

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the response.  Yes, I am using a GetCoverage request that
looks like this:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapfiles/netCDF/netcdf.map
&SERVICE=wcs
&VERSION=1.0.0
&REQUEST=GetCoverage
&COVERAGE=elev
&CRS=EPSG:4326
&BBOX=125,50,130,55
&WIDTH=600
&HEIGHT=600
&FORMAT=image/grid

The source is a single-band image, and the data is correctly returned
as either a single-band GeoTIFF, or an ASCII Grid, depending on which
FORMAT I specify in the WCS string.

What I would like to do is eliminate the WIDTH and HEIGHT parameters
from the request, and just return whatever is available in the BBOX
area.  When I remove them from the request, I get an error that says I
either need HEIGHT and WIDTH, or RESX and RESY.  When I restructure
the command to include RESX and RESY (see below), I get an "Out of
memory" error.

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/mapfiles/netCDF/netcdf.map
&SERVICE=wcs
&VERSION=1.0.0
&REQUEST=GetCoverage
&COVERAGE=elev
&CRS=EPSG:4326
&BBOX=125,50,130,55
&FORMAT=image/grid
&RESX=.033&RESY=-.033

I believe I should be able to use the pixel dimensions that are
reported back to me in a DescribeCoverage request, which show them to
be:

<gml:offsetVector>0.033333333333333 0</gml:offsetVector>
<gml:offsetVector>0 -0.033333333333333</gml:offsetVector>

Thanks for the help,

Roger