[mapserver-users] Problems in making AGG outputformat for WMS

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Mar 25 08:20:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

This MapServer version is 5.2.1 from MS4W, and it tells me for examle:

MapServer version 5.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG ....

So it should support AGG rendering.  Now I have created agg OUTPUTFORMAT
about as adviced in
http://www.mapserver.org/output/agg.html

  OUTPUTFORMAT
      NAME "AGG"
      MIMETYPE "image/pngagg"
      DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
      EXTENSION "png"
      IMAGEMODE RGB
  END

However, this mimetype is not included in the WMS 1.1.1 GetCapabilities
document
<GetMap>
      <Format>image/gif</Format>
      <Format>image/png</Format>
      <Format>image/png; mode=24bit</Format>

If I edit OUTPUTFORMAT to have DRIVER "GD/PNG" then my own outputformat
is included in GetCapabilies.

<GetMap>
      <Format>image/pngagg</Format>
      <Format>image/gif</Format>
      <Format>image/png</Format>
      <Format>image/png; mode=24bit</Format>

The problem is that AGG outputformat does not appear on the
GetCapabilities and thus WMS clients can not show it on menu.  If I edit
WMS getMap request manually to use &FORMAT=image/pngagg it works.  For
me this looks like a small bug.  Is it perhaps reported already, or even
corrected?

-Jukka Rahkonen-