[mapserver-users] some doubts about mapserver...

meenu meenu.monu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:55:00 EDT 2009

hi friends...i installed ms4w successfully....mapserver version is 5.2.1....now when i type localhost in browser ms4w homepage is coming and installed applications is working fine....now my requirement is

1.i want to edit gmap module in visual studio 2005 based on my requirements.is it possible???
2.in gmap module i want to pass mapinfo tables  instead of the default gisdata.how it is possible?
3.is it possible to run mapserver without PHP ?
4.any sample application available for map server coded using c# or vb.net for mapping?
5.mapserver is working fine using apache...i did all the steps in the "http://mapserver.org/installation/iis.html" link for setting up mapserver with iis....but it is giving me the error like  as follows...
how can i solve this issue???

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 400
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

all  mapserver help available is based on php....so am troubling lot for doing mapserver in vs2005 (vb.net)...
am using windows server 2003 and iis v6....can anybody help me for solving my issues...am new in this mapserver work...so please help me...