Re: [mapserver-users] parsing error about setting debug level‏

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 14 06:52:44 EDT 2009

Peisheng Zhao wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I set debug level in map file as "DEBUG 5". But I always get the error
> message:
>
> getSymbol(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near (5):(line 88)
>
> What's wrong with it?

Which version of MapServer are you using? To use the "DEBUG 5" syntax
and other stuff in RFC-28, you need MapServer 5.0.0 or more recent.
(see http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28.html)

Before 5.0, you could only use DEBUG ON/OFF (or TRUE/FALSE)... so if
you're using MapServer 4.x that could explain the error.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/