[mapserver-users] Actual coverage data+colormap

Alexander Petkov apetkov at fs.fed.us
Thu May 14 16:37:43 EDT 2009

Is it possible to include the colormap from an image being served as a
coverage through mapserver? In other words, definining BYTE or INT16
for the IMAGEMODE will provide the actual data from the raster (which
is what I am after), but the colormap is discarded when the data is
requested through a GetCoverage request. Then I tried PC256 for the
IMAGEMODE but I lost the actual data.

Is there currently a way to allow me to include a colormap in the
OUTPUTFORMAT definition, while providing the actual data through a
GetCoverage request?

I have defined the output format as follows:

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME "GTIFF"
   MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
   DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"