[mapserver-users] queryByAttributes returns no result with OGR/ODBC data source

Maher Karim Maher_Karim at dorsch.com.jo
Mon May 18 01:28:19 EDT 2009

HI,
Please consider that there is a difference the field name definintion for
the item query, the field name is differenet when you are using shapefiles
than PostGIS tables.
Try to use
$strExp=( [KOORDINATAX] = 5460870 );
queryByAttributes('itemname',$strExp,MS_MULTIPLE)

and if Not working try
queryByAttributes( [KOORDINATAX],5460870,MS_MULTIPLE)

Hope that it helps

Regards
Maher

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr        |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           mapserver-users-bounces at list|
|         |           s.osgeo.org                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/18/2009 12:50 AM         |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |        To:      mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org                                                                                                  |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                                       |
  |        Subject: [mapserver-users] queryByAttributes returns no result with OGR/ODBC     data source                                              |

I am using OGR Virtual Spatial Data to connect to MS Access database using
ODBC. Database has X/Y columns. I have created .ovf file like this:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="krk">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:@Krk</SrcDataSource>
        <FID>ID</FID>
        <SrcLayer>Dozvole</SrcLayer>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="KoordinataX"
y="KoordinataY"/>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

It is all working fine and the points are showing on the map (using
p.mapper). Alos, ogrinfo with -where clause is working fine. But the
attribute query gives no result, whichever field I query. Query string is
like:

( [KOORDINATAX] = 5460870 )

This syntax works fine with shape files and also wit OGR layers based on
MapInfo files. But not with ODBC/Access.

I am using ms4w 2.2.7

Any help?

mapserver-users mailing list
mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org