[mapserver-users] Upgrade to mapserver 5.4.0

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu May 21 18:16:28 EDT 2009

In terms of upgrading there are 3 things for sure to check:

  1 - Make sure your mapfiles start with the token MAP. There can be
whitespace and comments ahead of it but it *must* be the first
token otherwise

  2 - Same deal for symbol sets excepth the token is SYMBOLSET

  3 - All MapServer templates (browse and query) must have in their
first line the magic string "MapServer Template" (case doesn't matter).
I typically put 'em
in an comment (depending on format) so that an older version isn't
bothered by the change and the output still displays correctly.

You should be able to make those changes to your existing application
and then upgrade.

You may need other changes depending on what your starting version is.
I can point you to the right docs if you let me know where you're
coming from.

Steve

<741023.92783.qm at web25902.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>, Hans Castorp