[mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial and "styleitem auto"

Jelmer Baas Baas at speerit.nl
Sun May 24 11:15:08 EDT 2009

Dan,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunatly this is not an option due to the
large ammount of different styles we (need to) use. Plus, with TAB or
Shapefiles each filter slows down map rendering.

Tamas,

Thanks a lot! At the moment I'm using MapServers' own Oracle interface,
but I'll switch to OGR and give it a shot. It looks exactly like what I
need.
Might I suggest adding a link to
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html in some MapServer pages
(even though it's technically an OGR thing, I think it's information
that will benifit many more MapServer users).

With kind regards,
Jelmer Baas